Using Hypnotherapy With Children Workshop
Join us at our one-day workshop for developing your hypnotherapy skills when helping younger clients.
Students attending our recent hypnotherapy workshop
Hypnotic World would like to invite you to our new one-day online workshop for using hypnotherapy with children.
Many hypnotherapists shy away from using hypnotherapy with children and yet nowadays, we are witnessing a much higher demand from parents and therapists who are seeking help for children's anxiety and other problems.
There are a range of special considerations for treating children. However, it has long been acknowledged that they can be excellent candidates for hypnosis, as they tend to readily enter trance and often have a far superior imagination to that of many adults.
This one-day training workshop will help you to:
- Create rapport with your child client.
- Deliver a pre-induction talk that is appropriate and appealing to children.
- Understand the types of issues that they may present with
- Help the child to gain confidence, i.e. in the classroom, with friends and relatives
- Treat children with behavioural issues such as bedwetting, thumb sucking and nail biting
- Develop a suitable treatment plan that focuses on the child's interests
- Signals to look out for when hypnotising children and how to deal with potential problems
- Create and use effective metaphors for children
- Select suitable inductions and deepeners for children, and the importance of using that language they can understand.
- Safeguard yourself and the child
You can study the workshop from the comfort of your own home using Zoom technology and a certificate for 6 hours' CPD will be issued after the event. All handouts will be emailed to participants before the event takes place.
For attendees unfamiliar with using Zoom, breakout rooms are available for students to practise their new techniques together, and these are over-seen by a qualified, experienced hypnotherapist who will offer feedback where necessary.
These workshops are in popular demand. Priority is given to students of Hypnotic World hypnotherapy courses so if you are interested in attending, please reserve your place early to avoid disappointment.
Who Will Benefit From These Workshops?
- Students of hypnotherapy
- New practitioners
- Returnees to hypnotherapy
- Those interested in learning more about hypnotherapy
Eileen Wellings GHR(reg), MASC,(NLP)(Ad P.Th),UKRAH(adv), Dip.Hyp.: Since training as a hypnotherapist more than 15 years ago, Eileen's experience has involved working with a wide variety of clients. She has seen clients with issues including phobias, weight loss and stop smoking, as well as anxiety, IBS, stress and other stress-related problems. She is also trained in hypnosis for birthing and hypnotension, and has counselling qualifications. Eileen is based in Leatherhead, Surrey.
"I just wanted to write and say how much I enjoyed Saturday's Pain Management workshop with Eileen Wellings; such a lovely tutor. Although we covered pain management during the Hypnotic Diploma course which was very helpful, the Workshop thoroughly covered this topic in depth and I learnt an incredible amount to take forward to use in the future. Eileen covered all the areas in the Hypnotic World manual which was great... Please pass on my thanks to Eileen and I look forward to joining more of her Workshops in the future."
"Just wanted to say I really enjoyed today's session on pain management on Zoom, it was really good and so informative"
Students who have reached Module Three of the Professional Hypnotherapy Course, as well as anyone over the age of 21 with a genuine interest in using hypnosis as a therapeutic application is welcome to attend. No previous qualifications are necessary.
2nd Mar, 2024
10:30 - 16:30
This workshop will be held online via video-conferencing.
To download the Zoom video-conferencing app and participate when this event starts, click here (external link).
Watch excerpts of demonstrations from our previous training workshops:
Parts Therapy & Ideomotor Techniques
Rapid Inductions Demonstration
If you choose to cancel 2+ weeks prior to the workshop, a full refund will be offered. Within the last 14 days a refund of 25% will be given. A full refund will be offered in the unlikely event that a workshop is cancelled.
Workshop places are payable in advance and include accompanying materials and attendance certificates. Please see below for workshop ticket prices and availability.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0800 678 5617 or (01302) 786977 if you have any questions regarding this workshop.
* Please note that places are limited in order to provide individual assistance, and will be allocated on a "first-come-first-served" basis. Please reserve your place as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Secure your place at an upcoming workshop with our online ticket reservation system: