Tracy Shakes CQHP
07713184762 Email Tracy
Tracy Shakes CQHP
hello-therapy.com (External Link)
- I work with both adult and children.
- Hypnosis can help with:
- Hypnosis helps with addiction– Food, alcohol, cigarettes, gambling and many other addictions can all be treated by hypnotherapy. Hypnosis re programs your brain away from associating your addiction with pleasure and gives you back control of your behaviour. Hypnotherapy is proven to help break addictions for good so that you don’t relapse and become addicted again within a short time.
- Hypnosis can help reduce stress – When stressed our mind and body simply can’t function properly. We can think clearly, can’t switch off and relax and can’t lose weight. Hypnotherapy relaxes the mind and the body, giving your body the much needed rest it needs to re charge, heal and rest.
- Hypnosis can help with sleep disorders – Millions of people suffer from sleep disorders that range from full insomnia to disturbed sleep patterns, sleep walking or simply an inability to get to sleep and sleep well. We need sleep to function, it is in deep sleep that our body does all it’s house keeping and produces much needed serotonin. Sleep disorders can cause a wide range of other problems like obesity and addiction to either sleeping medications or to caffeine or other stimulants in an effort to keep the body going even though it’s exhausted. Hypnotherapy can help treat the psychological problem that is causing the sleep disturbance.
- Hypnosis can help manage chronic pain – In many different scientific studies Hypnotherapy has been proven to be an effective pain management technique. So if nothing else is working for you when it comes to controlling your pain, or if you don’t want to take prescription painkillers, you should try Hypnotherapy. People have even undergone surgery through hypnosis showing how powerful hypnosis can be at treating pain. Pain management is taught only after a diagnosis of your ailment from a doctor.
- Hypnosis can help you lose weight and keep it off – Hypnotherapy has been proven to be 30% more effective than just dieting when it comes to weight loss. There are many psychological reasons why people over eat or hang on to weight which hypnosis addresses. Rather like re booting your brain with new software designed to put you in control of what you eat.
- Hypnosis treats Anxiety and Depression – Many people are reluctant to take medication such as anti depressants to treat Anxiety and Depression because they don’t want to become dependent on medication. Medication only masks the problem and doesn’t get to the heart of why someone feels anxious or depressed in the first place. Hypnosis is a drug free and very effective way to calm Anxiety and to treat depression for good.
- Hypnosis can help recover buried memories – Our subconscious mind processes 40,000 bits of information per second and holds 95% of this subconsciously. Sometimes we don’t understand why we act or behave the way we do and understanding the link to childhood memories can help discover this and then rectify it, both by using hypnosis.
- Hypnosis can help you change your behaviour – Do find you are easy irritated and get angry often? Do you have trouble managing your anger? Often behavioural patterns are learned in childhood or link to a specific incident, but a hypnotic suggestion given while you’re in a deep hypnotic trance can help you get rid of those old messages telling you to behave in certain ways and replace the with messages to act in new, more appropriate ways. Emotions are what drive our behaviour so using hypnosis we can change the way you feel about something, thus changing the behaviour.
- Hypnosis can promote deep relaxation – If you have ever tried meditation you know already the great things that relaxation does for the mind and body. You can become more creative, better at problem solving, less irritable, and you can reduce your risk of health problems like heart disease or high blood pressure significantly if you meditate or relax regularly. But if you have trouble relaxing, or if you never seem to be able to relax deeply enough to really feel refreshed, then you should try Hypnosis. Hypnosis is a wonderful way to experience truly deep relaxation that will make you feel much healthier.
- Hypnosis can boost your self esteem and make you feel good – How we feel about ourselves is related to the inner voice that we listen to. We may feel that we can’t change that inner voice or stop it from feeding us negative messages, but that inner voice comes from the subconscious mind and can therefore be changed using Hypnosis. Using the power of hypnotic language we can change the way we feel about ourselves and find ourselves listening to a kinder more supportive inner voice.
- The use of hypnotherapy for children is an excellent means of treating:
- Emotional upset as a result of divorce
- Anxiety and panic
- Bed wetting
- Picky eating
- Issues relating to school
- In-Person Sessions
Get in Touch:
Hello, my name is Tracy Shakes and I have been helping adults and children to understand the challenges or problems they face in life for over 25 years. I have a lot of experience of working with people who have experienced abuse, trauma or issues that impact on your everyday life.
Initially I trained in Person Centred Counselling and Psychotherapy and for lots of people counselling has facilitated positive change in their life and helped them to resolve issues and trauma that caused a difficulty or disturbance in their life.
I decided to expand the therapy that I could offer by training as a Clinical Hypnotherapist and also completing training in EMDR. I think that the combination of having been trained as a counsellor and having training in hypnotherapy and EMDR enables me to work with a broader range of complex problems that people may present with and to be able to offer the right level of support.
I am also able to offer therapy to people who are looking for help to manage their anger. I have completed the ‘Citizen Anger Management’ programme which is a six session course looking specifically and anger.
I work with people from the age of 5 upwards.
I practice in Solihull and Birmingham.
The choice of therapy lies with you, not with me. Should you wish to discuss the problem you have with me, in a free consultation call, and to then decide on the best course of therapy for you, this can be done.
I would hope that the initial chat will put you at ease and enable you to take the next step to book the appointment.
Practising Since: 2015
Professional Body Memberships
- I am a member of the following professional bodies:
- Registered MBACP â British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy
- General Hypnotherapy Register (GHR)
Training & Qualifications
BA horns in Person Centred Counselling and Psychotherapy
BSc in Social Science
Postgraduate Diploma in Child Forensic Studies
General Qualification in Hypnotherapy Practice GQHP
Clinical Hypnotherapist D.Hyp
Neuro-Linguistic Programming Practitioner CPNLP
EMDR Practitioner, EMDR
Advanced Weight Control & Hypnotic Stomach Banding
Advanced Smoking Cessation Specialist
Review Summary (based on 0 reviews):
- Overall Rating:
0 out of 5
0 out of 5
- Would Recommend?:
0 out of 5