Hypnosis Scripts, Downloads & Training Since 2000 Hypnotic World

Aphantasia - inability to visualise

Posted in the Request-a-Script Forum
By Sarah   

Sarah
Sarah
Jul 17th, 2022 08:23
Aphantasia - inability to visualise

I'm seeing a client who says they have aphantasia - the inability to visualise which makes it difficult to use scripts with visual imagery. I used a confusion induction with her last time, does anyone have any ideas for other inductions and deepeners that don't rely on visualisation? Thank you in advance.

Holli Currie
Holli Currie
Jul 18th, 2022 06:58
Re: Aphantasia - inability to visualise

To help her to realize he capacity for visualization you could ask her questions about something like her car, or kitchen, or favorite jeans. Things like, what colour are they, how many doors, or pockets or what does the floor look like. When she answers the questions, ask her how she knew that information. Chances are she will realize she is referencing a picture in her mind which of course, is visualization. Otherwise direct suggestion scripts can take the place of visualization, or maybe you can use phrases like “ remember, think about, or get a sense of, instead of the term visualize.

Sarah Herd
Sarah Herd
Aug 14th, 2022 13:49

Thank you so much for your response Holli - very helpful

Kim Kane
Kim Kane
Aug 14th, 2022 15:31

Hey Sarah, I worked for a while with a client who couldn't visualize, but he was able to process auditory guidance quite well. It was fun inventing auditory clues (and even making the sounds myself) in session. For example for trees I used wind, or a boat the sound of waves lapping and that sort of thing.

Chris Wells
Chris Wells
Jan 15th, 2023 09:28

she does not need to visualise just ask her to pretend instead
for example pretend that your eyelds ate bonded and glued shut and that the harder you try to open them y the more stuck they become
and then test by asking them to try to open their eyes with the suggestion that the just wont open

Carol Hutchinson
Carol Hutchinson
Jan 19th, 2023 16:52

I find that people do visualise, but they are not aware they are doing so...when I put it to the test with my Brother - who declared he can't visualise, the five tests I put him through without telling him what my reasons were, he proved in each one, that he does indeed visualise but has created a block in his understanding of what visualisation means.. Yes, using the word pretend is a great way to overcome the block they have created around their idea of visualising.

Chris Wells
Chris Wells
Jan 20th, 2023 03:43

Use the hand drop inducuion- get client to follow your instructins such as liik into my eyes look left look right ask permission for them to press on your hand close eyes and tell them to press as hard as they can on your hand and distract by saying harder harder and then ley your hand drop suddenly without warning and say instanylt sleep and follow with deepeeners immediately rorks well in most cases

Reply To This Post
Verification Text

Enter the words in the image to the right in the box below:

2023 Workshops
Learn new skills and meet therapists - book your place at our upcoming workshops.
We Accept

We accept these payment methods

Online Support
Live Help
Talk to one of our
helpful advisors live online here or contact us via email here
Customer Reviews

“I find the selection of scripts provided excellent. I am enjoying going through them. I have used several so far on my clients and they work a treat.”

John O'Toole

Join &
benefit

Unlimited Access for Hypnotherapists

Access over 1,300 hypnosis scripts, forms & articles, online therapist support, directory listing and more:

How can we help?