Hypnotherapy & Reiki

Posted in the Solutions Corner Forum
By Patrick Sievwright   

Patrick Sievwright
Patrick Sievwright
Jun 18th, 2022 09:41
Hypnotherapy & Reiki

Hi
I got my Hypnotherapy Diploma a couple of years ago but tbh have not got 'stuck in' until recently. To make things even more interesting I have just attained my Reiki Level 1 yesterday!

Now i have a question to ask and promise to answer any to me.

Now in my learning so far there are many similar processes that enable the recipient to relax, focus on the appropriate deep breathing (in Reiki we breathe deeply into the gut).

My question is, 'How un/comfortable are you as Hypnotherapists (or soon to be), with Alternative Therapies and do you incorporate any of them in your work/thinking.
Thanks
Patrick

Nicoline Charmant
Nicoline Charmant
Jun 19th, 2022 01:24
Re: Hypnotherapy & Reiki

Hello,

Nicoline Charmant
Nicoline Charmant
Jun 19th, 2022 01:26

Hello, I am a certified Reiki Master & Teacher and PastLife Hypnotherapist and Eco-Therapist...I mix all of my skills in a Hypnosis Session.

Patrick Sievwright
Patrick Sievwright
Jun 19th, 2022 03:04

Hello Nicoline, thank you for replying. What skills set would you recommend for my level, i also have some experiences as a qualified counsellor

Francisco Galope
Francisco Galope
Jun 19th, 2022 07:47

The most important is the intention.

Francisco Galope
Francisco Galope
Jun 19th, 2022 07:49

If it works, do it.

Hinemoa Cassidy
Hinemoa Cassidy
Jun 20th, 2022 20:54

I absolutely merge them together, depending on the session and the client

Hayden Sutherland
Hayden Sutherland
Jun 22nd, 2022 04:45

I use both Reiki and Hypnotherapy individually and together. It's very important that practitioners understand the laws of their state before using Reiki. In some states like mine, Florida, Reiki is regulated under the state Board of Massage and therefor requires a state massage license to practice for exchange of value (money or barter). Don't believe claims that you can avoid this by getting a clergy license online. It's simply not true! Many, but not all, states regulate Reiki through massage licensing. It doesn't matter what people believe or what their opinion is on the matter, it's just a fact. All it will take will be one client, or a licensed massage therapist, reporting you to the state and you could find yourself in serious trouble. I got my massage license in Florida exclusively for the purpose of using Reiki in my practice. Just a heads up.

Patrick Sievwright
Patrick Sievwright
Jun 25th, 2022 09:31

Thank you for that reinforcement. My Reiki training has strongly stressed for the highest/greatest good of the recipient . Very transferable approach for all therapies. Thank you for replying

Patrick Sievwright
Patrick Sievwright
Jun 25th, 2022 09:37

What similarities/differences do you find in Past Life Hypnotherapy (fascinating!) and Reiki for past life work?
I understand it is part of the Level 2 learning.
Thanks for replying
Patrick

Reply To This Post
Verification Text

Enter the words in the image to the right in the box below:

2022 Workshops
Learn new skills and meet therapists - book your place at our upcoming workshops.
We Accept

We accept these payment methods

Online Support
Online Support
Live Help
Talk to one of our
helpful advisors live online here or contact us via email here
Customer Reviews

“I find the selection of scripts provided excellent. I am enjoying going through them. I have used several so far on my clients and they work a treat.”

John O'Toole

Join &
benefit

Unlimited Access for Hypnotherapists

Access over 1,300 hypnosis scripts, forms & articles, online therapist support, directory listing and more:

Hypnotherapy Training

Forums

Find a Therapist

We Accept

• We accept these payment methods
How can we help?