Smoking cessation needed for health

Posted in the Quitting Smoking Forum
By Angela Scholte   

Angela Scholte
Angela Scholte
Aug 08th, 2019 07:50
Smoking cessation needed for health

Someone contacted me about smoking cessation. She needs to quit due to some serious health reasons. I've been taught, you need to want to quit and hypnosis cannot do anything against your will. How can we help a client who is not completely ready to quit but needs to quit.
I'm very grateful for any input/suggestions. Thanks in advance!!

kate Bennett
Kate Bennett
Aug 09th, 2019 09:24
Re: Smoking cessation needed for health

Hi personally I would Pick up on the health reasons why they need to stop, make it extremely personal get them in hospital bed family round them say there names get them to look at there faces be hard, get them visualising and allow silence allow them time to make it real they may become emotional that’s good.

John Thornley
John Thornley
Aug 10th, 2019 02:37

Several things. Find the fear/issue that keeps them tied to the habit and do some motivational work before you even think of using a cessation scrip or it will bounce. I can also recommend the MET approach (motivational enhancement therapy).

Julie Cole
Julie Cole
Aug 10th, 2019 03:35

If the client is not ready to quit I doubt it will work. However, the only other suggestion might be to focus on the things she LIKES about NOT smoking. As opposed to the fear factor. She is already fearful. You might be able to set up sessions just focusing on the benefits of not smoking, but explain that this is sort of like a starter to the real session of quitting. Explain to her that the subconscious will not accept ideas it is not ready to accept. So changing her mindset beforehand might help. Be transparent about it. it also shows her ultimately it is her responsibility too, we are not wizards.

Julie Cole
Julie Cole
Aug 10th, 2019 03:35

NB. Also, find out the why of why she cannot quit, that could hold the key to her quitting.

Irma Coto
Irma Coto
Aug 12th, 2019 12:31

Use Smoking Aversion Script it is very powerful. Good luck

Reply To This Post
Verification Text

Enter the words in the image to the right in the box below:

Forums Index