Tornado survivor - sleeping issues

Posted in the Solutions Corner Forum
By Karen   

Karen
Karen
Jul 06th, 2019 09:21
Tornado survivor - sleeping issues

Hi all, I am hoping someone can help guide me through this ... I have a client that has had sleep issues since he was a child. Turns out when he was 2 years old a Tornado hit the trailer park he lived in. His mom had 4 kids and pulled him from his crib and got out of the doorway as another trailer landed on theirs, crashing into the room he was sleeping in. He's now 33 and still dreams of tornados on a frequent basis. He says in the dreams he is safe but the tornados won't go away. They keep coming back no matter where he goes... Any suggestions /advise?

angela moffat
Angela moffat
Sep 29th, 2019 11:43
Re: Tornado survivor - sleeping issues

Have you tried using a time line regression just before the tornado hit, and then reframe the experience? Also try the drop through technique,letting the ball fall through the floor which contains all the anxiety and fear. Also 7/11 breathing technique to help calm nerves? I have only just qualified, but i think i would try this first.

Wendi Deone
Wendi Deone
Sep 29th, 2019 11:10
Re: Tornado survivor - sleeping issues

You could also use the fast phobia this. The idea is that you scramble the memory especially as he knows he is safe now.

Reply To This Post
Verification Text

Enter the words in the image to the right in the box below:

Forums Index