Phobias

Posted in the Solutions Corner Forum
By Jackie   

Jackie
Jackie
Jun 07th, 2019 04:28
Phobias

Hi I haven't been doing hynotherapy for long and need advice on the above. I have recently treated a couple of clients with phobias. Both left feeling confident they had overcome their fears. Their confidence lasted the first time they tested out their phobia but by the second day their fear had returned. I'm guessing I'm not future pacing properly. Also how may sessions do people tend to give for phobias? Any advice greatly received as I have another one coming up in a couple of weeks & don't want to feel like I'm letting my clients down. Thanks

Faith Waude
Faith Waude
Staff
Jun 14th, 2019 04:12
Re: Phobias

Hi Jackie, if you're just using suggestion therapy without exploring and successfully dealing with the cause of your client's phobias the suggestions could wear off pretty quickly.. The number of sessions required is going to be different for each client and will depend on the progress made in each session.

Mary McCulloch
Mary McCulloch
Jun 16th, 2019 03:14
Re: Phobias

Hi, I am wondering whether you tried any regression work to get to the root cause of the phobias? I was taught it takes a good 20-30 days for the subconscious mind to make the changes in some situations. Just my thoughts.

Reply To This Post
Verification Text

Enter the words in the image to the right in the box below:

Forums Index