John
John
May 08th, 2019 12:03
New research on hypnosis for depression

Just thought I'd share
https://guycounseling.com/hypnosis-depression-study/

Aug 25th, 2019 04:25
Re: New research on hypnosis for depression

Interesting article. Have been wondering if there is more or less success with clients on medication for depression. Obviously still worth a try in combination with CBT

Rebecca Geracitano
Rebecca Geracitano
Aug 27th, 2019 06:33
Re: New research on hypnosis for depression

I liked the article but it does somewhat disqualify certified hypnotherapists who are not licensed psychologists or who offer "woo woo'. Unfortunately even clinical / licensed professionals aren't always the best choice unless it is their focus with their practice. I always talk with my client to show them it is a normal process we all go into naturally every single day. All of us. Those who cannot go into hypnosis are usually those who have some form of psychosis and who cannot concentrate or have a secondary benefit and are afraid of losing that benefit. Hypnotherapists don't often get the credit for a clients success, because often it is gradual.
With the idea of the belief factor; our thoughts are very powerful and will make us successful or not. So believing it will help is a great benefit to anyone wanting to have a hypnosis session.
Thank you! Rebecca

Reply To This Post
Verification Text

Enter the words in the image to the right in the box below:

Forums Index