Sleeping clients

Posted in the Solutions Corner Forum
By Jane    

Jane
Jane
Apr 01st, 2019 12:09
Sleeping clients

I qualified last summer and have had lots of clients, however I am wracked with doubt about my ability. I am sure all of my clients actually sleep during my sessions. My tutor assures me that they would not wake on my counting back if this was the case and they always do? Am I taking them to deep, I always do a Pmr, creative visualisation and deepener before the direct suggestions. Is that too much and does anyone else experience this. I do not quiz my clients after sessions but they do not seem to remember any content at all. Am concerned I am just relaxing them into a nap!

Maria Dawn
Maria Dawn
Apr 01st, 2019 04:42
Re: Sleeping clients

Hi Jane. Stop worrying, you are doing great. Every client will differ, some will go extremely deep, others will not. I have, on the odd occasion had to count a client up a little as they had gone into a deep sleep. Do you have a chat with your client before hand to see if they are visual, kinetic, auditory or olfactory? This can cut down your deepener time. If you have had a client before that previously went into a deep trance, and you don't want them to, cut down on the deepener. Most of my clients go deep and quickly because i have chatted with them, built the rapport and they feel very relaxed with me. Some clients can 'fall asleep' on a washing line, whereas others will remain more aware. Be confident in your abilities. Do the clients that you have worked on see results from your sessions?

Gill Ingram
Gill Ingram
Apr 01st, 2019 04:48

Hi I have a client who has restless legs and she has been treated for this by medication from GP it does not help. anyone come across this?

Jane
Jane
Apr 01st, 2019 02:27
Sleeping clients

Hi Maria, Thank you for taking the time to reply. Yes I do check beforehand about visual etc, I do build good rapport. Yes I am getting good results just wondering how when I am convinced they nod off. Do you do creative visualisations after a pmr or straight to suggestion. Maybe I am adding a step that's not needed? How on earth am I helping if they sleep.

Mark Stewart
Mark Stewart
Apr 02nd, 2019 01:02

Jane, perhaps to further reassure yourself, you could set up IMR?

Jane
Jane
Apr 02nd, 2019 02:25
Sleeping clients

That's a good idea, thank you

Richard Scott
Richard Scott
Apr 02nd, 2019 05:44

Hi Jane, IMR like Mark suggests seem like it's necessary. Sometimes clients don't even need much of an induction/deepener process. When I've seen clients who initially were very tired or went into VERY deep relaxation, I've forgone most of the relaxer stage and proceeded into the suggestions. Adding to that the motor responses to constantly check their awareness. Obviously the flip side of this is that sometimes clients then say 'I felt wide awake throughout the whole thing'... so be sure to address the varying depths of 'trance/relaxation' during your pre-talk. If you're getting the results, and you're convinced the clients are sleeping, all they need to know is that they're getting the results they've asked for. I always quiz clients afterwards, always... so that I understand what they've experienced, what they consciously remember, and so I can adjust or improve for next time. - Hope that helps in some way.

Maria Page
Maria Page
Apr 05th, 2019 12:54

Hi Jane
It depends on the client. If the client is showing signs that they have reached Theta brain wave, i will go straight into suggestions, if not, i will do a deepener. Watch the client carefully, have their facial muscles dropped? Check their breathing, look at their eye movement, do they have any facial twitches or grimaces?

Reply To This Post
Verification Text

Enter the words in the image to the right in the box below:

Forums Index