Alcohol and depression

Posted in the General Hypnosis & Hypnotherapy Forum
By Julie Oakley   

Julie Oakley
Julie Oakley
Mar 15th, 2019 11:30
Alcohol and depression

Hi All
I'm in my first year of practicing Hypnotherapy and work part time. I have a new client booked in who is an alcoholic and suffers with depression. Most days are spent sitting in his bedroom drinking.
I have had quite a few clients who suffer with depression/anxiety, but this is my first alcoholic client.
I'm wondering how best to approach this please?
Thanks in advance.
Julie

Colleen Hitchcock
Colleen Hitchcock
Mar 15th, 2019 12:51
Re: Alcohol and depression

I start with a commitment of 6 hours of sessions. The first is 2 hour with cleansing, clearing and visualization of their new healthy lifestyle.

Colleen Hitchcock
Colleen Hitchcock
Mar 15th, 2019 12:51

I start with a commitment of 6 hours of sessions. The first is 2 hour with cleansing, clearing and visualization of their new healthy lifestyle.

Kevin
Kevin
Mar 15th, 2019 05:23

Find out what alcohol means for him. It may be escape from his life. His circumstances. Then examine what he would choose as his ideal life that would allow him to abandon alcohol.
What does he really want, and what is stopping him getting that?

Julie Oakley
Julie Oakley
Mar 18th, 2019 05:38

Thank you both for your suggestions.
During the first session, I will use it to gain an indepth insight onto what has caused the addiction and do some confidence boosting hypnotherapy. Then during the second session I will use visulisation to enable him to imagine his new life.
Thank you

Pam Greenberg
Pam Greenberg
Mar 18th, 2019 10:08

I would also strongly suggest he get into an AA program.

Loan Tran Thanh
Loan Tran Thanh
Mar 19th, 2019 03:40

Under hypnosis, look for the causes of depression and alcoholism. then work on each point separately. You won't solve anything without going through the original causes

Julie Oakley
Julie Oakley
Mar 19th, 2019 08:56

Many thanks.
Yes I will of course clarify if he is on an AA programme and will deal with one thing at a time. Obviously to put an end to the never ending cycle of Alcohol not helping with depression and depression making him drink more.

Reply To This Post
Verification Text

Enter the words in the image to the right in the box below:

Forums Index