New practice

Posted in the Solutions Corner Forum
By Glenna    

Glenna
Glenna
Feb 28th, 2019 10:33
New practice

Hi
I am re starting my hypnotherapy practice after not working in the field for a number of years. Can anyone recommend any books for refreshing my skills?

Anna Fellowes
Anna Fellowes
Mar 01st, 2019 01:50
Re: New practice

Rory Z Fulcher's - B eginners Guide to Hypnotherapy - comprehsive guide not just for beginners.- very informative = good luck Anna

Glenna Debosco
Glenna Debosco
Mar 05th, 2019 08:34

Thank you Anna

Vashti
Vashti
Mar 14th, 2019 06:58

The Handbook of Contemporary Clinical Hypnosis (Les Brann:Jacky Owens and Anne Williamson) was very helpful.
My favourite was Hartlands, Medical and Dental Hypnosis by (David Waxman)
I am a nurse by trade and most of my clients do have a medical condition but this book is not only medically focused. I found it vital being a clinical hypnotherapy student and not a nurse!

Good Luck

Den Clare
Den Clare
Mar 14th, 2019 09:14

Hi! Medical and Dental as mentioned is excellent, my copy dates back to 1966

Den Clare
Den Clare
Mar 14th, 2019 09:22

as I was saying an excellent, easily readable text book and a mine of information. Over the years I have found Hypnotism today by Le Cron and Bordeaux, very useful, along with Dave Elman's Hypnotherapy, a classic we used when I studied with Gil Boyne in California, again some while ago. Can't go without mentioning Kroger's Clinical and Experimental Hypnosis another font of wisdom. There are so many but any thing by Charles Tebbetts is good and the wonderful Ormand McGill who I did a fire walk with in the States, too many years ago to mention!! Happy reading and enjoy a lifetime of helping others with this amazing science, or whatever you wish to name it! Warm wishes Den https://www.uk-hypnotherapy.com

Reply To This Post
Verification Text

Enter the words in the image to the right in the box below:

Forums Index