When clients fall asleep during session

Posted in the Solutions Corner Forum
By Gayle   

gayle
Gayle
Apr 12th, 2010 01:44
When clients fall asleep during session

Hi everybody, I want to know what others do if/when a client falls asleep during a hypnosis session? If communication is not necessary, do you bother to lighten the trance or just continue on? Thanks for your input

Faith
Faith
Staff
Apr 19th, 2010 10:09
Re: when clients fall asleep during session

Hi Gayle, If you are certain that your client is asleep then I would recommend lightening the trance. You could set up finger signals so that your client can let you know that they are able to hear you if other communication isnt necessary.

shraddha shah
Shraddha shah
Jun 01st, 2010 02:27

hey give the client sometime to come back....and give him the suggestions tht the more ur relaxed the deeper u go and the deeper u go ur more relaxed..

Hayley
Hayley
Jun 08th, 2010 03:19

I speak directly to the clients unconscious mind and ask it to bring them back to a lighter level of trance - sometimes you have to wait 2-3 minutes for them to respond to this. I also add something along the lines of, "No matter where you go, where you drift my voice will travel along with you...and your unconscious mind will continue to respond to me throughout the rest of this session". Hope this helps :-)

Lorraine Milton
Lorraine Milton
Jun 14th, 2010 12:01

Hi Gayle
I find if you use their name it tends to lighten the trance a little.

Sav
Sav
Feb 15th, 2018 07:28

I have often worked with people who may need to just drop into sleep for a moment but are able to come back refreshed and continue on but am seeing one client who has a long standing pattern of falling asleep (narcolepsy) and has developed shame when awakening due to families frustration with this over the years. It is difficult for her to maintain trace state bc she is quickly asleep or using will to stay awake. Any thoughts?

Michelle Dowell-vest
Michelle Dowell-vest
Feb 16th, 2018 07:17

If we are working with the subconscious mind, then it hears whether asleep or awake. I have had clients respond with idiometer responses while asleep. Its all in the pretalk and suggestions. Or so I have been taught and experiences. There are lots of ways to handle this.

Mark Gage
Mark Gage
Feb 19th, 2018 09:19

I have had a couple of clients who actually kind of snore a bit but they are not actually asleep - they are just so relaxed that if they have a tendency to snore when asleep they seem to do it a bit during session but I agree with all that is said - if you ask the SC to respond it will.

James Faulkner
James Faulkner
Mar 09th, 2018 12:35

During the start of the session as you lead them in to relaxation, you can always put in the suggestion that "you will be deeply relaxed, but some how you are unable to fall asleep during our session" I have found that help full.

Anon E. Mouse
Anon E. Mouse
Oct 15th, 2020 09:00

I think Mark is talking about me LOL .... While under in a session, there have been times that I have come to a level of consciousness either because my snore was so loud that I leveled-up in my trance state, or it could be that the actual physiology of the snoring, (i.e., intense vibrations or extra energy exerted from labored breathing) caused me to experience a conscious awareness of the snore. I do not, however, believe that I was asleep during the session, That's simply my observation from the other side of the chair - a client's perspective.

Oct 16th, 2020 11:53

And...Mike (a little louder) as you walk on the path.....remembering, Mike (a little louder). I usually say pepper their name in with a slightly louder sound and that works great.

Reply To This Post
Verification Text

Enter the words in the image to the right in the box below:

Forums Index