Hypnosis Scripts, Downloads & Training Since 2000 Hypnotic World

How do you do your sessions

Posted in the Quitting Smoking Forum
By Julie Oakley   

Julie Oakley
Julie Oakley
Jun 18th, 2018 02:10
How do you do your sessions

ust wondering how you all conduct your Smoking Cessation appointments.
Do you do a one off session? I have 2 clients booked in and I'm hoping to do a one off 2 hour session as suggested during my training.
I'd be interested to hear how you plan your sessions. Do you get the client to complete a smoking questionnaire prior to the session, in order to plan the script?
Any advice would be very useful.
Thanks Julie

Tina Reibl
Tina Reibl
Jun 19th, 2018 01:31
Re: How do you do your sessions

Hi Julie, I am working as a supervisor and am happy to help you. This would have to happen via a Skype session. I charge £30.00 per half hour and I can give you through advice on any hypnotherapy questions you might have. Best regards Tina

Faith Waude
Faith Waude
Staff
Jun 20th, 2018 04:29

Hi Julie, many hypnotherapists do a one off 2 hr session so if that is what you have been taught it should be fine. However I usually offer stopping smoking sessions in 1 session of an hour and have a good success rate. The clients always know they can come back for another session should they need to but I find once they have made the decision to quit they are already primed and in an ideal state to accept suggestions. Of course there are ocassiionally times where a client may need a 2nd or even a 3rd session but these aren't typical of most clients.

Julie Oakley
Julie Oakley
Jun 20th, 2018 05:11

Thank you both.
Faith I was wondering how you structure the session.
Do you do you ask the client to do a stop smoking questionnaire prior to the appointment, in order to plan the therapy and incorporate what they have said?
It's throwing me slightly, as I'm planning on doing a one off 2 hour session. Wondering how to fill that time.
Any advice much appreciated.
Julie

Faith Waude
Faith Waude
Staff
Jun 22nd, 2018 03:30

Hi Julia I prefer to gather the relevant information during the 1st session as some clients need help going through it. It also gives me an opportunity to get to know them a bit better which helps decide on an appropriate approach. I rarely use the questionnaire because after doing hypnosis for so many years it's easy to remember which questions to ask but it is useful for new hypnotherapists.

Erin Johnstone
Erin Johnstone
Jun 26th, 2018 10:54

I typically do one session for smoking cessation. I always ask them a list of questions during the pre-talk at the session which allows me during the session to make appropriate suggestions. I often have a brief conversation on the phone prior to the session so I have a bit of a starting point. I think as long as you ask the right questions to be able to make the right suggestions it doesn't matter if it's a questionnaire or discussion. I like discussion as it allows me to ask clarifying questions if needed.

Julie Oakley
Julie Oakley
Jul 03rd, 2018 03:36

Thank you for the guidance. I will do a basic questionnaire, as a basis for discussion to gather the information that I need.

Debra Aspinall
Debra Aspinall
Jul 04th, 2018 03:27

My stop smoking sessions are an hour and a half. 45 minutes usually going through the questionnaire with them and finding out as much as possible about their smoking habits, then 45 hypnosis. I use the same basic script for everyone and adapt it as I go along using the info gathered during the chat. I have a very good success record.

Angela Hardy
Angela Hardy
Jul 05th, 2018 06:50

Hi Debra What script do you use. I have several and am not sure which is the best to use.

Barbra Mousouris
Barbra Mousouris
Jul 05th, 2018 09:42

I always do a series of 4 sessions for hypnotherapy, so that clients can establish resonance and trust with me, and go deeper. Also, statistically the subconscious mind needs 4 sessions usually to achieve change.

Julie Oakley
Julie Oakley
Jul 05th, 2018 02:21

Hi Debra
Id be interested in finding out what scipt you are using.
Many thanks for your advice.
Julie

Debra Aspinall
Debra Aspinall
Jul 09th, 2018 08:56

It's something I have put together from a combination of scrips. I start with a relaxation induction, do a deepener staircase, take them on a walk on a beautiful beach (inhaling the clean fresh air) and then finish with a smoking cessation script which talks about the decision they have made to be a non smoker...lots of repetition of the "you are a non smoker" in all situations where they would previously have smoked...so I bring in personal details from the assessment here. Also talk about them now being free, do some visualisation of dirty piles of cigarette butts and how they feel strong and proud of themselves from turning away from them. Finishing off with all the advantages they now have as a non-smoker...boosts to their health, pocket etc

Julie Oakley
Julie Oakley
Jul 17th, 2018 12:30

That's really helpful.
Thank you Debra.

Ray Bull
Ray Bull
Mar 17th, 2021 01:58

I only need one session to stop a client smoking, I explain what will happen, they complete my consent form as all clients do and also I have questions to ask them about their smoking habit. Then do my favourite induction and use my favourite stop smoking script. It has worked for me since 2005

Mary Lawrence
Mary Lawrence
Mar 18th, 2021 10:27

I only used on session to stop clients smoking. The 'road to smoking' is a very good script for that.

Reply To This Post
Verification Text

Enter the words in the image to the right in the box below:

2021 Workshops
Learn new skills and meet therapists - book your place at our upcoming workshops.
We Accept

We accept these payment methods

Online Support
Online Support
Live Help

Talk to one of our
helpful advisors
live online here
or contact us via
email here

Customer Reviews
“I find the selection of scripts provided excellent. I am enjoying going through them. I have used several so far on my clients and they work a treat.”
John O'Toole
Join &
benefit

Unlimited Access for Hypnotherapists

Access over 1,300 hypnosis scripts, forms & articles, online therapist support, directory listing and more

Hypnotherapy Training

Forums

Find a Therapist

We Accept

• We accept these payment methods
How can we help?