Extreme jealousy/disturbed personality

Posted in the Request-a-Script Forum
By Hanne Fjelstad   

Hanne Fjelstad
Hanne Fjelstad
Sep 30th, 2017 11:48
Extreme jealousy/disturbed personality

My Client is 50 y.o., has been diagnozed having extreme jealousy/disturbed personality. Appeared first at 16, in his first relationship with a girl, has continued through life, ruining every relationship he has had. He clings to his partner, does not trust her (or anyone), is suspicious, need to have several sexual relationships at the same time "in case the partner leaves him" (sort of "back-up"). He says his best 4 years in adult life was when he was without a woman-relationship; the he could relax and feel safe.
Background and probable cause:
Got a baby brother when he was just 1 year old. His mother did not cope, both parents drank much and were violent to each other. His baby brother has mum's attention, while my client was pushed away. Both parents were non-affectionate and cold. He always felt inferiour to his little brother, assuming/feeling that mum preferred the youngest one.

I have used "inner child", "jealousy" and self esteem/confidence - but he just cannot let these feelings go. He is not in a relationship at the moment. Suggestions?

Lyanne
Lyanne
Oct 01st, 2017 11:47
Re: Extreme jealousy/disturbed personality

Hi Hanne, this sounds like developmental issues & I would say your choice of scripts is great, however it could be that he needs conscious work as the efficacy of Hypno with personality disorders isn't great. I don't agree that Hypno isn't useful in these cases & do use it alongside psychotherapy but sometimes more is needed. You're on the right track but he's unlikely to change his personality traits with Hypno alone.

Hanne Fjelstad
Hanne Fjelstad
Oct 22nd, 2017 02:26
Re: Extreme jealousy/disturbed personality

Thanks for Your opinion. I fully agree; and suggested to my client that he should consider psyco teraphy, which he says he is willing to do.

Reply To This Post
Verification Text

Enter the words in the image to the right in the box below:

Forums Index