Hypnosis Scripts, Downloads & Training Since 2000 Hypnotic World

Boredom eating at work

Posted in the Overcoming Habits Forum
By Julia    

Julia
Julia
Mar 10th, 2017 01:45
Boredom eating at work

I have a client coming next week who needs help with boredom eating at work. She's on a diet plan, and when she's at home, she has no desire to snack at home because she has so much to do. She doesn't really like the work she does so she finds that she eats from the time she gets in until she leaves. And of course finding a new job is out of the question since she and her husband own the company. And she doesn't even want to snack on healthy stuff - she wants to stop the at work boredom eating completely.

Has anyone here ever encountered this? If so, what types of suggestions did you use?

Faith
Faith
Staff
Mar 11th, 2017 04:39
Re: boredom eating at work

Hi Julia, we have a script called Boredom Eating on Hypnotic World if you want to check that out, however from what you say, I think the Stop Snacking script would probably be the most useful approach.

Julia
Julia
Mar 12th, 2017 05:09

I looked at both of those but they don't quite do what I need. It's almost like she's eating for distraction because at home she has tasks to keep her busy. She does her work but I don't think her focus is 100% there because she doesn't enjoy it.

Dolina Hendry
Dolina Hendry
Mar 13th, 2017 06:30

Hi Julia
I have come across this and had the same problem eating at work as not really enjoying the work.
I see that you have suggested snacking on healthy foods, as i did as when you take something away it needs to be replaced, so how about finding out what your client likes to do in their leisure time and suggesting walking, jogging or some form of exercise rather than eating, also to keep a food journey, as when they do this they become more accountable, when they have to think about what they are putting in their body. i also say that we are so lucky to have healthy bodies, so why do we want to destroy it with sugar and unhealthy foods.
Can i also suggest that i send my clients a free audio download when they've been to see me, so that they can listen to it daily whilst at home or before going going to sleep. As this reinforces your suggestions in their minds.

Hope this helps.

Good luck.
Warm regards
Dolina :-)

Julia
Julia
Mar 14th, 2017 11:52

Thank you for the suggestions Dolina.

Reply To This Post
Verification Text

Enter the words in the image to the right in the box below:

2021 Workshops
Learn new skills and meet therapists - book your place at our upcoming workshops.
We Accept

We accept these payment methods

Online Support
Online Support
Live Help

Talk to one of our
helpful advisors
live online here
or contact us via
email here

Customer Reviews
“I find the selection of scripts provided excellent. I am enjoying going through them. I have used several so far on my clients and they work a treat.”
John O'Toole
Join &
benefit

Unlimited Access for Hypnotherapists

Access over 1,200 hypnosis scripts, forms & articles, online therapist support, directory listing and more

Hypnotherapy Training

Forums

Find a Therapist

We Accept

• We accept these payment methods
How can we help?