Self Hypnosis Suggestions

Posted in the Self Hypnosis Forum
By Rafael Garrido   

Rafael Garrido
Rafael Garrido
Feb 28th, 2017 11:36
Self Hypnosis Suggestions

Hello. I have a few quiestions about creating suggestions for a self hypnosis session. I know that they should be a present and positive sentence, but still i have a few doubts.

Is it ok if i use "I always face all my fears"? i mean, i think if i use the word fear, my unconscious will think in fear and that wont be good right?. Will it be better if i use "I am brave"?

Is it ok i f use "If i have a trouble, I face it"? Im not sure if thats even in present tense

baro-san
Baro-san
Mar 17th, 2017 10:03
Re: Self Hypnosis Suggestions

I read some good recommendations at http://www.selfhypnosismadeez.com/tutorial/how-to-write-a%20great-script.html#.WMwUpNTR-9I

I'd say "I am brave" is better, but to make it more effective you might have to be more specific, to add supporting visualization of yourself being brave, to repeat it in various form that better define what you really mean. Self hypnosis suggestions should be made after achieving a deep enough physical and mental relaxation.

Hilary
Hilary
Mar 17th, 2017 04:37
Re: Self Hypnosis Suggestions

Hey there Raf, I have always found that the intent and context is key - in the Ericksonian Utilisation approach, the specific words or mistakes are utilised - many people who have been in trance, when questioned afterwards, are not aware if the therapist made a 'mistake' or if the script did not go smoothly - we try not to use written scripts too often by plan the session and go with the client - as long as the messages are acceptable to the client and we are amplifying the areas that are appropriate and being mindful about duty of care and following the intent of the session - getting caught up in exact wording can prevent utilisation and the flow of things. Cheers

Reply To This Post
Verification Text

Enter the words in the image to the right in the box below:

Forums Index