Continual sniffing

Posted in the Solutions Corner Forum
By Caroline Cundy   

caroline Cundy
Caroline Cundy
Feb 19th, 2015 03:43
Continual sniffing

I have a client who wants to stop the habit of continually sniffing..... has anyone any thoughts or ideas?

Kate Coe
Kate Coe
Feb 24th, 2015 07:25
Re: continual sniffing

Hi Caroline,
firstly ask - What he/she wants to start after they stop sniffing. then identify positive intention, then ask unconscious mind to generate new choices that will satisfy this intention and which are ecological and congruent for the client client.
All the Best,
Kate

Faith
Faith
Staff
Feb 24th, 2015 11:57

Hi Caroline
I've just published a script for this issue, however it is aimed at children but with a bit of imagination could probably be adapted for adults. Otherwise you might also be able to use something along the same lines as the Nervous Twitch script.

caroline Cundy
Caroline Cundy
Mar 02nd, 2015 11:07

Hi Faith, can you post the nervous twitch script as I have not seen it. Thanks

Faith
Faith
Staff
Mar 02nd, 2015 05:58

Hi Caroline
The script is under the heading Habits & Disorders on the script index page. The link to it is: http://www.hypnoticworld.com/hypnosis-scripts/habits-disorders/nervous-twitch

Martin
Martin
Nov 10th, 2016 12:29

Hi,I am continually sniffing all the time,especially if I get nervous,it is causing problems with my family,and also makes me feel a bit paranoid when I am around other Peaple that I'm going to start sniffing ,how can I cure this?and would hypnotherapy cure this,look forward to hearing from you thanks?

Steve Phillips
Steve Phillips
Dec 06th, 2016 12:55

I have dealt with this habit all my life. I think it started when I was 8 years old. very dysfunctional family with lots of stress from father being gone a lot and not supporting his family. I became a very nervous person. Because of habits like this my life has been very difficult. Throat clearing, a little Tourette's, neck jerking, etc.
Actually my wife left recently because she could not take it anymore!!!!!😂 Somebody please
help me! I have always been alone because of these things.😞

John johnson
John johnson
Oct 08th, 2018 11:10

Hi, I have the same problem and I am desperate for a solution.did you ever get over this? Kind regards john

J.johnson
J.johnson
May 13th, 2020 01:21

Hi I have had this sniffing problem for years and have been to ent and tried so sorts of remedies . Have you any advice please ?

Anna meconi
Anna meconi
Jul 19th, 2020 05:02

I have this constance sniffing had it for yrs,its tiring and annoying for me and my family.when i first wake up in the morning, im fine untill i think about it.its giving me headaches. I have tried reathing texnics.

Angela Moffat
Angela Moffat
Jul 20th, 2020 10:59

is it a very dripping nose? have you seen your gp? it could be a lack in certain vits and minerals.Otherwise,its become a habit when stressed.So treat for habit breaking, and confidence and stress over a few sessions.

angela moffat
Angela moffat
Jul 20th, 2020 11:04

Also to add to my other post, in some people anxiety can cause it, also irritants in home or allergies.

Reply To This Post
Verification Text

Enter the words in the image to the right in the box below:

Forums Index