Sue
Sue
Jan 16th, 2012 01:32
Recording equipment

Sue Olsson
Sue Olsson
Jan 17th, 2012 03:12
Re: recording equipment

I have been using it since May last year, it is a great piece of kit, but I didnt find it easy to get to grips with at first. It can be used in lots of different ways but I only use it in the most basic way as Im not confident to try other things with it as yet. I have recorded sessions on it and it it easy to download these to your pc via the sd card. Hope this is of some help, Sue

Maria
Maria
Jan 18th, 2012 12:52

Not sure about this equipment and how professional you want you recording to be. I am using Audacity and it is working really well, although at the beginning it was a bit confusing and I had a background noise.

Richard.
Richard.
Jan 19th, 2012 01:01

Hypnoke is expensive and unnecessary, I use a Behringer 802 small mixing deck and a couple of pairs of headphones with mics inbuilt. You can connect up to a music player and produce professional quality voice overs. I have used this for many years with great success. The whole set up will cost only a fraction of the price of a hypnoke.

Janet Starkey
Janet Starkey
Jan 23rd, 2012 08:20

Hi Maria,
I have been trying to use Audacity all day and have gotten nowhere. Do you know some tricks that will make life easier for the rest of us? I had it before on another computer and since getting a new pc I cannot get it to work with the same quality of sound. Ive got a better pc now as well??? Any advice on how to use it would be really gratefully received.
Thanks

Steve. Lipton
Steve. Lipton
Jan 23rd, 2012 01:43

Do not waste your money on the hypnoke kit. It is a re-badged unit It is the Zoom H4n recorder which is an awesome unit very capable unit. It can record cd quality and is very flexible. I use the zoom unit myself. I can recommend you check out the Internet for the unit. Add a decent size memory card and you are good to go.
The other option is use your laptop or pc with free software called Audacity. I use a combination of both. I record the session with the zoom. Copy the voice into audacity and the mix it with background music.

With audacity you can edit out any hesitation, adjust volume levels, add echo and other effects.

James Kennedy
James Kennedy
Jan 31st, 2012 09:33

Hi I was wondering if anyone knows if there is away to play the background track and record both the hypnotist and the subjects responses also as I was looking for ideas to record past life regression work.

Aaron
Aaron
Jan 31st, 2012 12:22

Hi James,
You can do this with Audacity. I use Audacity with a logitech usb headset to record hypnosis cds for folks.
Do do what you want, youll need some type of microphone to pick up your voice, as well as your subjects voice. Also, make sure that your computer speakers, or headphones, are set as your computers default audio output. To playback and record, youll want to drag your playback audio track into audacity. When you press record in audacity, your playback track will play, while the microphone is recording your voices on a separate track. When youre done you can save, export to .wav or mp3 files, etc.
Just play around with audacity, the basic functions are pretty easy to pick up on, and you dont need a lot of the bells and whistles for simple recording such as this.
Good luck!
Aaron

James Kennedy
James Kennedy
Jan 31st, 2012 03:41

Thanks Aaron for all your help :)

Linda Wardlaw
Linda Wardlaw
Feb 04th, 2012 03:12

I use the Garage Band program on my MAC laptop which is intuitive, high quality and easy to work with. You can either record voice and music at the same time or record the voice on a separate track and then just drag and drop a sound file to another track and mix them at the end. I have recorded different categories such as Introduction, Induction, Deepener, Therapeutic Script, Post Hypnotic Suggestions and Wake ups. Then, you can mix and match these dependent on your client. Its simple to drag and drop the component parts you want, then add in the music on a separate track to flow through them all. At the end, you just click a button and chose if you want to save it or burn it to CD. Job done!

Hope this helps.

Suzanne
Suzanne
Feb 12th, 2012 08:37

Hi Richard,

Im planning to purchase a Zoom H4n, but also want the mic/headphones. Im finding there to be a ton to choose from and would love a personal recommendation. Any chance you could share which headphones you are using (i.e. brand/ model/ where procured)? Thanks in advance!

Suzanne Wigginton

Jack Nicholais
Jack Nicholais
Aug 20th, 2012 12:40

After a number of years absent from this site, I re-joined. The best software I have purchased, and I have spent thousands is here with a link to it. It even allows live recording of a session to give to your clients but an endless possibility in recordings many tracks, all with free music, nature sounds etc. you also, I think try before you buy. Anyway here is the link.

http://subliminalrecordingsystem.com/?hop=chiefjack1

Steve
Steve
Apr 19th, 2015 03:26

www.hitecaudio.co.uk

Gary Cosier
Gary Cosier
Feb 05th, 2016 11:17

I have a zoom 5 (I thought it would be easier than importing the Hypnoke to Australia). I am struggling not get two headsets to connect. Can Youn help. It would be greatly appreciated.

Gary Cosier

Jo
Jo
Feb 21st, 2017 01:15

I've been following this thread because I'm looking for recording equipment. Some of these posts are from a few years ago. I would really appreciate any comment on what your currently using to record and make cd's and mp3's for clients. I'd like to be able to record the session and add music before I send it to my clients. The Zoom4 is discontinued.

Carol
Carol
Feb 25th, 2017 05:27

Hi Jo,
I bought an Olympus DM901 for recording sessions with clients, then copy the session to my PC and make MP3 files or burn CD's to give to clients. Once I get my head around things a bit better I'm hoping to add on background music to my recordings - which I believe you can do by downloading a free programme called Audacity - but as I said I haven't got that far yet! Hope that's some help.

ann day jones
Ann day jones
Feb 28th, 2017 08:39

I would be really interested to hear how this works out for you. I currently use garage band on my computer to pre record generic sessions which I give to my clients. I would like to be able to offer a more personalized cd for each client which I could record as I am doing the session. It would be great to get feedback on how this works or if anyone else has any advice. I am a bit of a 'tecno phobe' so it would have to be easy to understand and work. thank you.
my email is ann.innervisions@yahoo.co.uk

ann day jones
Ann day jones

I would be really interested to hear how this works out for you. I currently use garage band on my computer to pre record generic sessions which I give to my clients. I would like to be able to offer a more personalized cd for each client which I could record as I am doing the session. It would be great to get feedback on how this works or if anyone else has any advice. I am a bit of a 'tecno phobe' so it would have to be easy to understand and work. thank you.

ann day jones
Ann day jones

ann day jones
Ann day jones
Feb 28th, 2017 08:40

Lisa
Lisa
May 23rd, 2017 02:51

I have just purchased the 802 small mixing deck but I am struggling to make it work! Could you tell me which headphones etc you use?
Thank you

Lindy
Lindy
Dec 11th, 2017 07:54

Hi does this work as i plug in my music then my head phone one with mic and they have a set on and boom its all go
Thanks

Lindy
Lindy
Dec 11th, 2017 07:55

Did u get u get it working

Lynda Martin
Lynda Martin
Dec 12th, 2017 05:20

you can just use voice pro an app that covnerts all files and records on a mobile or ipad

STEPHEN QUEEN
STEPHEN QUEEN
Dec 24th, 2018 08:17

Did you every manage to connect to headsets to you Zoom... I am struggling with this also. Any asistance would be appreciated
Steve.
stephen@empathyrooms.com

Regina Orsi
Regina Orsi
Jan 31st, 2019 09:26

Hi , has anyone used Sharm program...so many programs ..so confusinglol

Myrene
Myrene
Feb 04th, 2019 04:21

Garage Band is my go to recording program - it's fee with MACs